Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Flint chapter 12

“Working with struggling readers and writers” defines what I’m doing with my case study student so I was already interested in what this chapter was talking about. The first few sections are about the teacher’s beliefs and attitudes and motivation and engagement. I think that how a teacher feels about learning and a student can REALLY shape how the student feels towards learning and how motivated they are. I remember when I was in elementary school, I swear my third grade teacher hated me and I will swear to it until the day I die. She had one favorite student in the class and the rest of us were constantly compared to him and well… I didn’t compare really well to him and she was out to get me – no lie. She would constantly call me out for not being “on task” even though I was (of course there were a few of those that were warranted but that’s beside the point) and I dreaded going to school! What made it even worse was that I was pulled out for AIG in math and I’m pretty sure that they both hated me as well… sad  Other information was great for just creating a good classroom environment that the teacher and the students both benefit from and I really like that and it will be very useful in my classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment